The setting was Domboramwari high school in Epworth, about 15 km from Harare’s city centre. The event- Speech and Prize giving day, where students who excelled in their studies were being awarded prizes of excellence.
Well, Tariro Girls dominated the awards as four of them, yes four, received various awards at the event. First up was Bertha M, who won an academic award of excellence in Religious Studies then there was Morleen who scooped three awards in Shona, English and Accounts as well as another one for a good overall performance among the form fours.
There was also another category, The Smartest Students award and two Tariro girls landed the award. Bertha M was voted the smarted student followed by Rumbidzai M.
In honour of last year’s top performers in the Ordinary level examinations, the school also gave awards to top performers. It was in this category that Pride R, now doing lower six at another school received a prize.
Icing on the cake
As if that was not enough Tariro received an award in recognition of our “great support” to the school. Tariro’s executive director received the award on behalf of the organization.
Thank you and we want more of your support…
As we exalt in these recent achievements, we never forget the strength behind our work- YOU . We dedicate this award to all of you who have supported us throughout the years, either through your donations or moral support.
this time of the year, we begin our fall fundraising campaign and we would like to call upon you to make a one-time donation or to set up a recurring monthly donation to enable Tariro to continue educating and empowering Zimbabwean girls.
Your donation will go a long way in educating a girl
- $30 will provide a student with school supplies (pens, paper, and sanitary ware) for the year.
- $80 will provide a student with a new uniform, including shoes, socks, pants/skirt, shirt and tie.
- $100 will cover the annual cost for a student to participate in Tariro’s music and dance ensemble.
- $150 will enable a student to write her Ordinary Level exams, which are required for further study.
- $300 will pay the annual school fees for one girl attending secondary school
All donations are tax-deductible in the US. Thank you!